[chirp_users] Getting Started w/ CHIRP on Mac OS X using Kenwood TH-F6 & FTDI cable

Milton Hywatt
Sun Sep 1 13:08:47 PDT 2013

Once you have downloaded and edited and saved a template
you can just modify that template and save as a new name.
I do it by dates. That way you don't have to download from
the radio but only once. At least that's the way it works for
me.

________________________________
 From: Dave Nathanson <kg6zjo.lists at nathanson.org>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 1:21 AM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Getting Started w/ CHIRP on Mac OS	X	using	Kenwood TH-F6 & FTDI cable

CHIRP is working great for me now!  Whoo-ho!  :-)
I'll have to remember that if the speaker/mic doesn't work, to switch menu #9 ("SP/MIC JACK") back from "PC" to "SP/MIC".

I see that CHIRP doesn't doesn't do "upload" to Kenwood THF6A, it's even easier that that. You just download from radio, then edit it live onscreen, and any changes are immediately sent back into the radio. Wow, that's easy! I also like being able to "Exchange Memories" to move them around. I also love being able to save a copy of all the freqs from the radio to the computer as a backup.

This so so cool! I can hardly wait to use CHIRP with another radio which I consider much more difficult to program from the dashboard.

Best,
Dave