[chirp_users] Baofeng uv-5r plus not able to read from

Tony Cratz
Wed Oct 16 16:22:56 PDT 2013

On 10/16/2013 08:42 AM, Jeff Gardner wrote:
> Tony,
> Are you putting short wave  channels in your radio ?

	At the present, I'm only running 2m/70cm repeaters for where I'm
	at in Northern California.

	For anyone in the area, there is a nice set of linked repeaters
	called CARLA http://www.carlaradio.net/thesystem/ which covers a
	good share of California. There are areas it does not cover but
	it does cover a lot of the coast.

	As for short wave, why? I don't believe the UV-5R+ can broadcast
	on those freq. Or am I wrong?

	If there is really a good reason to listen to short wave, I
	might consider adding them.

	I did add the NOAA Weather Alert. I have not added the FRS or
	the GMRS channels. Again does the UV-5R+ really broadcast in
	those freq.?

								Tony