[chirp_users] Baofeng uv-5r plus not able to read from

Jeff Gardner
Wed Oct 16 08:42:04 PDT 2013

Tony,
Are you putting short wave  channels in your radio ?

Jeff Gardner, Sr.

On Oct 16, 2013, at 9:29 AM, Milton Hywatt <mhywattt at yahoo.com> wrote:

If you are lucky you will get a proper PL2303 chip in your cable.
I have two other Chinese hand helds the Wouxun KG-UV6D2
and the KGUV6D that came with the same cable the Baofeng
uses. So I had a cable to play with because they all worked.
I cut into the chip holder carefully and if one were to get a cable
with a counterfeit chip a person hand with soldering equipment
could order a new chip for a couple bucks. Or order the entire
board with USB B connector and then solder pads for your cable.
I know this may be a bit off topic but you have some good alternatives
to buying the entire cable. And the PL2303 chips of today are flat
surface mount with about 20 pins on each side. Some fine solder wick and
a 10 watt iron would remove those.