[chirp_users] FM Broadcast signal cliping or distortion

Tom Morris
Tue Oct 8 18:04:34 PDT 2013

Mine does misbehave after it's been on a while. Seems to be fairly
normal.... not sure if it's a firmware thing or if the RDA5802 FM chip is
just goofy :)

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Milton Hywatt <mhywattt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mine clips. And then if a channel becomes active besides the FM
> channel you are listening to, when the channels then stops being active
> the UV5x does a swoosh swoosh swoosh from the rx audio. You can
> get rid of that by pressing the FM button twice. Also you can stop the
> distortion by going off channel then back using the channel encoder knob
> or up/down buttons. This will clean the audio up but it will eventually
> return to being distorted. So you just repeat the process.

Tom Morris, KG4CYX
Mad Scientist and Operations Manager, WDNA-FM 88.9 Miami - Serious Jazz!
Engineer, WRGP Radiate FM, Florida International University
786-228-7087
151.820 Megacycles