[chirp_users] help

Tom Hayward
Tue Oct 8 12:14:00 PDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Marty Hartwell <mhartwe at gmail.com> wrote:
> My Rig is the VX5R and according to the FAQ for Yaesu it says to put
> the rig in Clone mode, then launch Chirp and click on "Download from rig".
> When I do that I get nothing.

You should get *something*, either a prompt asking what COM port and
radio you want to download from, or an error message. If you don't get
*anything*, the only thought I have is that maybe you don't have any
COM ports. Your debug.log should provide a clue.

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_To_Report_Issues#Getting-your-debug-log

> I may have to go back to using my other PC which has Linux, or use the
> VX commander.

If it works with VX5 Commander, it will work with Chirp. They both
require the same COM port and USB/serial driver. Trying with VX5
Commander would be a good test. (Note: You can import VX5 Commander
.vx5 files into Chirp)

If you have Linux available, certainly try it there. It doesn't suffer
from the same complicated driver issues as Windows, so things tend to
just work.

Tom KD7LXL