[chirp_users] UV-B6 : howto get into programming mode

Milton Hywatt
Sat Oct 5 17:28:46 PDT 2013

Chirp has the ability to Query from the county you live in (if in the US) using
RepeaterBook. Follow the Radio --> Query Data Source --> RepeaterBook
menu path after download a blank template from the radio. Select your
state and county and it will put everything into the template you need for
commercial, public safety, and amateur radio. You will certainly want to
edit before uploading it to your radio. Have fun.

________________________________
 From: eMyListsDDg <emylistsddg at gmail.com>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2013 7:50 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] UV-B6 : howto get into programming mode

Hey Milton,

appreciate your reply. i found the link at Miklor for the correct drivers and the instructions on how to "update" win7 device error to the correct Prolific driver.

i was just about to return this cable to amazon and buy the 16.00usd one for Baofeng and a user ther had a link to the Miklor driver. weird how that "one" particular driver version is the one that works.

anyways, i can now comm with the UV-B6 via the Chirp sw on Win7 64bit and downloaded my first template.

now to figure out what i need for my first image to upload.

thanks
bill

--
Bill
Key fingerprint = DB4D 251B FE8A BDCD 2BE4  E889 13F1 78D0 A386 B32B