[chirp_users] Chirp

Jim Unroe
Tue Nov 26 20:05:02 PST 2013

Hi Ray,

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM, Raymond J. Blacketer <rblacketer at yahoo.com
> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I finally got so my computer would recognize the Baofeng UV-5R download
> cable, and when I went to Chirp and I select "down load from computer", it
> says "cloning" but only downloads one frequency, i.e., 136,025000.......

If you did a factory reset on your radio, then you will only have two
channels.
Channel 0 = 136.025000
Channel 127 = 470.625000

You only see channel 0 because the default memory range is probably set to
something like 0 - 25. Change it to 0 - 127 to see all of the channels.

> I found the Miklor site and am attempting to use their instructions but
> they don't seem to be very clear or detailed.
>
> I looked for a Baofeng UV-5R site that would provide customer support,
> but couldn't find anything*.  *Also, when I look for my firmware version
> it says BFB297*, *and it says to go to the settings section to see your
> real firmware version #, but when I got there, it doesn't have any numbers
> listed.  It then says I have to download the daily build, but when I do
> that, it doesn't seem to want to install correctly.  It is a zipped file
> and when I unzip it, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Assuming that you are using Windows, the recommended file to download is
the .exe file with the installer. Get if from this address

http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/LATEST/