[chirp_users] cannot start chirp properly

amnon.zohar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 06:59:01 PST 2013

as I said I never got the chance to chose anything I do not get anything but the error window!!!

‫נשלח מ- דואר של Windows

מאת: Marty Hartwell
נשלח: ‏שבת‏ ‏23‏ ‏נובמבר‏ ‏2013 ‎16‎:‎34
אל: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com

Hi

That is a default condition when the program is first installed. The
window is telling
you that error reporting is turned on. You can turn off error reporting
by clicking on
help and clicking the "Report Statistics" I think.  However I don't
think it bothers
the regular operation. To download/upload to rig click on radio for more
options.
When you click to upload/download you will be asked for Comm Port number.
You may have to look in your device manager to find out which one is
being assigned
if you are using an USB to Serial adapter, if you have one serial port
it would be best
to confirm which one you think it is and how it is shown. On my Vista
system it is
shown as COMM3 and that is how it needs to be put in the port of Chirp,
on my XP
system if auto fills that information, If I remember right.

Hope this helps some.

Marty kd8bj