[chirp_users] Programming guide for beginners

Mike Agner
Fri Nov 22 19:10:34 PST 2013

Last night, Milton Hywatt wrote:
============================
What could be easier than to download from your radio a template,
go to Query and import from your choice of online databases, make
your edits then upload? That's what I did for 8 different radios of mine.
5 Chinese and 3 Yaesu. It requires only common sense. I wouldn't
need a pre-configured template to rely upon for what? If you could
explain the less of a learning curve I'd love to hear it. Or, am I
completely
off track here and need to double up on my Alzheimer's meds?

No you're just jumping too far ahead. There are many details that need
to be handled, not the least of which is the setup and loading of cable
drivers, making sure you have
the right version, and so on. It's not so obvious for a newcomer, which
is what this little project is all about

Mike

---