[chirp_users] 1. TYT TH-UV3R Cable (David M. Carney)

Sander Pool
Sat Nov 16 12:03:34 PST 2013

Hi,

I bought a serial-only cable with a Kenwood dual plug and modular plug
on a pig tail with a DB-9 socket. I then waited for a sale on FTDI USB
to serial adapters and bought two of those at Newegg. That is now my
programming cable of choice though I also have one of the fake Prolific
ones. Made that work by telling Windows 7 to use the old driver. Works
fine too.

As an aside I'm sure I'm not the only one who shook his head when I
ended up paying about the same for the programming cable as I did for
the radio. These radios are seriously cheap and those cables are
seriously expensive. I mean not in absolute Dollars/Euros/Yen but
relatively speaking. Same for earbuds and antennas.

In any case, just received my Baofeng UV-82 and a UV-5RA. I look forward
to copying channels from my F6A, D710 and D72 to them. Thanks to all who
make CHIRP possible!

73,

    Sander W1SOP