[chirp_users] TYT TH-UV3R Cable

Jens J.
Sat Nov 16 11:01:20 PST 2013

First I would suggest trying out the latest daily.
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Download - scroll to bottom in "development builds" section

Second, for mac, if you have chinese cable, it's probably fake PL2303. The official mac driver might look like its working, but nothing really happens. (At least on windows, you get the yellow icon and code 10.)
You will probably want to try out the fixed driver: http://changux.co/osx-installer-to-pl2303-serial-usb-on-osx-lio/

Thirdly, with the chinese radios, sometimes they need to be factory reset to work properly. I suggest taking a backup w/ "good" oem software, then resetting radio, then attempting to download that "default" image into chirp.

If the cable works on windows w/ oem software, but does not work with same cable on windows w/ latest daily chirp, then there may be a bug with chirp and your radio. In that case, please follow this guide and open a bug:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/How_to_report_issues