[chirp_users] Problem reported with Windows download?

Eben Haber
Sat Nov 16 09:37:18 PST 2013

Hi all,

I've been using Chirp successfully for a while with my various radios. Recently there was a discussion on the VX-7 list about ADMS-1G programming software, and I suggested that the person try Chirp, since it worked well in my experience, and is free.

One person on the list replied as follows, suggesting that there is malware in the Chirp download. Since I don't have a Windows machine, there's no way I could verify that. Is there any possibility that the Chirp download got hijacked? Or is this guy just spreading FUD to get people to buy other software?

Thanks & 73,

-Eben / K6EBN