[chirp_users] How do I run Chirp on a Mac?

Milton Hywatt
Wed Nov 13 11:42:23 PST 2013

I would just run Chirp for mac. It's on the download page.
You need to install the Python runtime libs before you can
run the Chirp app. And also you need a cable driver.
If it's the Prolific PL2303 the driver can be found here:

http://changux.co/osx-installer-to-pl2303-serial-usb-on-osx-lio/

It's in spanish but is an installer and the scenery is familiar enough
if you've installed other software that runs an installer. If the cable
is based on the FTDI chip there are instructions on where to download
it. Feel free to hit me off list if you have some setup questions should you
decide to run Chirp for Mac.

________________________________
 From: John M. Prosser <jmprosserrvm at charter.net>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:31 AM
Subject: [chirp_users] How do I run Chirp on a Mac?

Using Intel-based Mac mini, OS 10.6.8. I have followed the directions as well as I could to make a USB drive, but can't see how to use it. Lots of files on the drive, but nothing jumps out at me as a startup file. I hope some of the experts on this list can tell me where I am going wrong.

Morris  KB6QR