[chirp_users] Radio disabled

Sherrill Williams
Tue Nov 12 13:49:03 PST 2013

Hi,Thanks for the help. I have been tied up and have not had time to try this fix up until now.  i tried to send you a copy of the **.img file but could not get it to show up in a view screen.  Next I tried to save the file asked for and it was the same, I could not open it.   I have gone as far as I can but can not get my computer to show the **.img files after saving them.  I have tried to open them with different software, I tried excel first, but to no success.  Any help with this would be appreciated.

From: Jim Unroe
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2013 1:19 PM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Radio disabled

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Sherrill Williams <sherwwi at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

  Hi, I am trying to program a Baofeng UV-5R.  I have uploaded a data sheet from the radio, imported 3 repeater stations from the repeater book and then uploaded to the radio.  Now the radio will not allow the a/b switch, the menu switch and the vfo/mr switch to work and will not transmit the offset freq,  Also (assuming that I can get the radio to work again) how do I import additional stations to the radio without overwriting the ones already there?

  Thanks for any help available

Sherrill,

I would like to take a look at the .img file that you uploaded to your radio. It would be great if you would email it to me.

You should be able to upload the original copy of the channels and settings that you downloaded from your radio when you started. But I am guessing that you didn't save an untouched copy of your original download. In that case follow the Erratic Behavior and Recovery procedure on the Miklor.com website.

http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/UV5R-Recovery.php

If your radio's behavior was caused by a corrupted memory, then this should restore its operation. It this doesn't 'fix' it, then it is more likely that this is a keypad failure in the radio and it was just a coincidence that you were using CHIRP when it happened.