[chirp_users] Baofeng BF-666S compatability

Milton Hywatt
Sun Nov 10 15:35:23 PST 2013

I was misled by a website that had a graphic of the radio
and stated "VHF UHF" capable. I thought I had posted a
correction?

________________________________
 From: Andrew <ziltro at ziltro.com>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Baofeng BF-666S compatability

The BF-888S is single-band UHF, 400-470 MHz. I was using one to test the code, as well as an HST H-777. (Which is basically the same thing with different labels, and is actually made by Baofeng according to the CMIIT ID details.)

The web suggests that the BF-666S can be programmed with the
      Baofeng BF-480 Windows software, which is the same as used for the
      BF-888S.

--

Andrew.

On 10/11/13 22:24, Milton Hywatt wrote:

The latest daily build lists the 888S but that's a dual band and
>it's highly unlikely the two are interchangeable as far as
        programming