[chirp_users] Offset on a Baofeng uv-82

Milton Hywatt
Fri Nov 8 12:42:02 PST 2013

If you are going to use Chirp to program your radio there isn't
much need to go into the radio's menu. In Chirp's memory tab
just make sure that you have in the OFFSET column (.600000)

in the DUPLEX column ( + ) and Mode (FM). As long as you have the
repeater output in the FREQUENCY column then barring no special

CTCSS tones, it should upload to the radio and work. I'd cut and paste
and entry from my Chirp and a working repeater but it won't past into
this message however it is set up exactly how I explained. And the UV-82
should have the same memory structure.

________________________________
 From: Joe Tittiger <joe at tittiger.com>
To: chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com
Sent: Friday, November 8, 2013 3:19 PM
Subject: [chirp_users] Offset on a Baofeng uv-82

 I am very new to this so please bear with me.....

I was programming a local repeater with the daily build of CHIRP, setting the off set to +.
But when I go into the menu system the offset (menu item 25 - SFT-D) is always set to off. Not + as

I set it in chirp. I can manually make the change to a  + offset.  (I do get broadcasts from the repeater so all seems well)

I also set the offset (menu item 26 - OFFSET ) to 0.600 MHZ in CHIRP  but it is always 0.00 and will not manually take a
change.

Is there a bug in this build?  Very perplexing as to what is going on.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Joe