[chirp_users] Downloading and installing

Sherrill Williams
Thu Nov 7 12:34:54 PST 2013

Thanks, I used the disk copy program that was downloaded with the program.
This installed the data onto my dvd (I did a cd first) but then did not run
the program.  I turned off the computer as directed first and then restarted
it with the disk in the drive (I have the auto start option turned on).
Nothing happened, so I manually looked at the files on the disk and could
find no way to run the program.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Billingsley
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 11:54 AM
To: Discussion of CHIRP
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Downloading and installing

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Sherrill Williams
<sherwwi at carolina.rr.com> wrote:
> I have followed the instructions to download
> to a bootable cd/dvd, but when completed it would not load.  I also could
> not install manually in that the files would not open with any thing I
> tried.

Do you understand the process of burning an ISO to disk or USB?
I don't think there is anything to "install" on the live CD...

> Next I downloaded chirp for windows (my version is 7) and can not find an
> installation file in the download.

I don't run Win7 or much M$ stuff at all so I am no help here but
seems like I remember 7 dumps files in some oddball location.
Something I discovered helping a local ham with logging issues.