[chirp_users] New stable version, power in csv

Tom Hayward
Thu Nov 7 11:24:15 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM, <chirp.cordless at xoxy.net> wrote:

> Hey guys, a couple of questions:
>
> The current stable version 0.3.1 was released on 7-April-2013,
> 7 months ago. I'd prefer to stick to released versions, but I've
> seen quite a bunch of enhancements over the months described
> in the daily build notices, some of which I'd like access to.
>
> What is the thinking/ timetable for another stable release?

There was some talk recently of releasing 0.4.0. No time table.

> Second: I can readily see how to set the power level for a memory
> when a .img file is loaded, and save and reload that.
>
> But I like to build my memory images from a collection of spreadsheets,
> kind of mix-n-match. Exporting to csv, it looks like the power level is lost,
> and so I infer I also can't build a csv with power level info and import it.
>
> Am I missing something, or could that be added, or is there another
> workflow that would address this issue?

We can't think of a good way to do this. Maybe you have an idea.
Here's an example:

Export from a 5W handheld set to high power. Import to a 50W mobile.
Do you set the imported channel on the mobile to low power, because
that is the closest option to 5W?

We haven't been able to solve this ambiguity, so we just don't
import/export power.

Tom KD7LXL