[chirp_users] chirp_users Digest, Vol 53, Issue 33

Grant Cunningham
Mon May 27 11:25:36 PDT 2013

Thanks Tom. Yes, I'm following the Yaesu manual to the letter.

When the display says "CLONE START", the manual says to push the 'set' button, the screen will blank, and then the display will show "CLONE". I do that, and it does.

The manual then says to start the receiving radio, and I click the start button in CHIRP. The manual then says to push the left-bank 'V/M' key to initiate transmission; when I press that button, nothing happens - the display still reads "CLONE", the "-TX-" doesn't show, and CHIRP times out with this error:

"Failed to communicate with radio: Failed to read header (0)".

I also tried your tip about the radio going into clone mode without a cable - nope, it behaves exactly the same. No "-TX-", no error, no nothing.