[chirp_users] Programming an old Motorola radio?

Robert Lowery
Wed May 22 16:35:49 PDT 2013

i was reading this and the x9000 should be a good radio be cause it can't (maybe shouldn't would be a better word?) be brick.

http://www.onfreq.com/syntorx/syntorx9k/progx9.html
Programming Introduction:

You are on your own when it comes to Motorola RSS. Please see the http://www.batlabs.com/ site for more information. Please do not ask me for any Motorola RSS.

Syntor X 9000 standard programming setup requires Syntor X 9000 Radio Service Software (RSS), Syntor X 9000 programming T-cable (Motorola 01-80353A75 or aftermarket cable), Radio Interface Box (RIB) (Motorola RLN-4008B or aftermarket RIB), RIB to computer RS-232 cable, and an old slow IBM PC compatible computer that runs real DOS.

The good news is the Syntor X 9000 can not be turned into a useless door stop that only the Motorola factory can repair, if something goes wrong while the RSS writes to the radio. Unlike most other Motorola RSS, the conventional Syntor X 9000 RSS can program a radio from scratch without reading the radio or using a saved code plug. Please see the http://www.batlabs.com/ site for programing details and lower cost programming hardware alternatives.