[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-B6 support?

Jim Unroe
Mon May 20 13:25:40 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Tom Morris <blueneon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I have a Baofeng UV-B6, I see that Chirp has support for the -B5
> but I've tried reading the B6 and it doesn't do anything useful.
>
> What's the status on support for these? Does anyone else have one they're
> playing with? As I recall Baofeng's own software is the same package for
> the B5 and B6; it probably autodetects the model in use by sending the
> appropriate "hello!" for both.
>
> Tom,

Which CHIRP version are you using. The v20130506 daily build implemented
all of the equivalent options to the Baofeng 'Other Options' menu. Most of
the remaining not implemented Baofeng settings pertain to VFO settings
which usually get set manually on-the-fly anyway. They were all tested with
my B5 but should work equally well with the B6.