[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-B6 support?

Tom Morris
Mon May 20 12:22:04 PDT 2013

Oh is that all? I'd been considering buying another B6 anyway, I'd be glad
to lend the second one for development purposes when I get it. :)

It comes with puppy bite marks on the antenna free of charge, should that
aid in the development efforts.

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Tom Hayward <esarfl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Tom Morris <blueneon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello. I have a Baofeng UV-B6, I see that Chirp has support for the -B5
> but
> > I've tried reading the B6 and it doesn't do anything useful.
> >
> > What's the status on support for these? Does anyone else have one they're
> > playing with? As I recall Baofeng's own software is the same package for
> the
> > B5 and B6; it probably autodetects the model in use by sending the
> > appropriate "hello!" for both.
>
> Here's the status:
> http://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/785
>
> Looks like no one has offered an equipment loan yet.
>
> Tom KD7LXL

Tom Morris, KG4CYX
Mad Scientist For Hire
Chairman, South Florida Tropical Hamboree / Miami Hamfest
Engineer, WRGP Radiate FM, Florida International University
786-228-7087
151.820 Megacycles