[chirp_users] FTDI USB Cables with non-default IDs (RT Systems, etc.)

David Ranch
Fri Mar 29 09:38:25 PDT 2013

Hello Robert,

> I just created that page after I had to go digging through the mailing
> list for the Windows 7 instructions and couldn't find any help for XP.

Yes.. and now we can point posts with "my radio won't talk to Chirp" to
this Wiki entry!  Thanks so much!

> I wasn't sure if I should get ambitious enough to cover udev rules
> for creating symlinks.  I use them for thinks like the Arduino and Bus Pirate,
> but I generally don't bother for the radio cables.  OTOH, might be opening a can
> of worms...
Very true though I really think that aliased devices really make things
easier and more intuitive in the long term.

> Your page looks like a great resource, thanks.  I'll have to spend some time
> reading though it.  I recognized the domain TrinityOS.com, I think I remember
> reading IP masq, ipchains other firewall tutorials there ages ok, maybe 1999-2000?

Yup.. I'm still the maintainer of the old ldp.org IPMASQ Howto -
http://www.trinityos.com/LINUX/index-linux.html#ipmasq
I'm also the author of the aging TrinityOS guide -
http://www.trinityos.com/LINUX/index-linux.html#trinityos
and my newest effort is the Linux Digital Modes doc -
http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/index-ham.html#centosdigitalmodes

There's lots of other stuff there too!

--David