[chirp_users] Programming Question for Baofeng UV-5R Radio

GaryErrol
Tue Mar 12 14:34:51 PDT 2013

The one problem I see is that the radio system is showing to be Wide band and as of January 1, assuming they are in the USA, needs to Narrow band.

Gary

-------Original Message-------
From: Amateur Radio WB8NUT [duffy at wb8nut.com]
Date: Tue, Mar 12, 2013
To: Discussion of CHIRP [chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com]
Reply To: Discussion of CHIRP [chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com]
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Programming Question for Baofeng UV-5R Radio

I can do it on mine. The UV5R is a part 90 radio and since it appears he is trying to put that radio on a part 90 licensed system, there should be no issue doing this. I programmed our park system when I was a board member into my UV5, so not sure what would prevent him from doing this.

I would put the 100 under Tone and ToneSQL. Set tone mode to Tone.

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com
John Gorena March 12, 2013 5:01 PM If that is a legal radio, then you will not be able to do that because it is out of the programmable range.

70 cm is only 420 to 450 MHz. according to the “US Amateur Radio Band chart”.
See the chart at
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Hambands_color.pdf

--
John