[chirp_users] Programming Question for Baofeng UV-5R Radio

Brad NK8J
Tue Mar 12 14:28:28 PDT 2013

He is not programming it for Ham Bands he is programming for his work band
and yes it can handle it.  CTCSS is Tone Encode or Tone SQL ( Encode and
decode)

On Chrip you set the Tone Mode to TSQL  and then set the values in the Tone
and Tonesql boxes.  On the Baofeng on the front panel just set the RCS and
TCS values and program the frequency in and then set the Duplex to  5.000
Mhz and Shift is +.

Hope this helps you out

Brad NK8J