[chirp_users] Programming Question for Baofeng UV-5R Radio

Tom Hayward
Tue Mar 12 13:45:42 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Bill Hand <billtbyhand at outlook.com> wrote:

> I am trying to program a BaoFeng UV-5R radio to work with our 2-way radio system.  The question I have is what/where do I specify the CTS/DTS Decode/Encode values?

Chirp calls CTCSS "Tone" (encode) or "ToneSql" (encode and decode).

> Also, any idea what the other settings in CHIRP should likely be set as (besides the frequency)

This depends on the details of your license and personal preference.
Be careful when programming not to violate any of the terms of your
license.

Tom KD7LXL