[chirp_users] Programming Question for Baofeng UV-5R Radio

Bill Hand
Tue Mar 12 13:40:36 PDT 2013

Hi everyone.

I've got what is probably a very basic question, but I'm not sure how to
solve it.

At work we have Black Box 2-way UHF Radios with the following settings.

Receive Frequency:          464.xxxxx Mhz

CTS/DTS Decode:              100.0

2T Decode:                       None

Transmit Frequency:         469.xxxxx Mhz

CTS/DTS Encode               100.0

2T Encode:                       None

Beat Shift:                        No

Scan Add:                         Yes

Busy Lock:                        None

PPT ID:                             Off

Wide/Narrow:                   Wide

I am trying to program a BaoFeng UV-5R radio to work with our 2-way radio
system.  The question I have is what/where do I specify the CTS/DTS
Decode/Encode values?

Also, any idea what the other settings in CHIRP should likely be set as
(besides the frequency)

Thanks a million for your help.