[chirp_users] VX-6R Problems

Brad Rupp
Tue Mar 12 05:55:17 PDT 2013

On 3/12/2013 4:31 AM, Tim Billingsley wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 5:41 AM, Brad Rupp <bradrupp at gmail.com
> <mailto:bradrupp at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     1) I cannot import a CSV file to my VX-6R image in Chirp.  When I try to
>     import the CSV, it appears to succeed, but none of the new memory
>     locations are put into the image file.  Note, I have 24 memories in the
>     image and am trying to import 100+ memories that exist in various ranges
>     (1-24, 200-250, 300-325, etc.) in the CSV.
>
>     2) When I write the memories to the the VX-6R, the memories are all
>     unmasked (hidden) except the memories that existed before the write.  If
>     I manually mask (show) the memories and then use Chirp to write the
>     memories again, they revert back to being unmasked (hidden).  I know the
>     new memories are there. *I just can't see them.*
>

> This may seem silly, but we all miss things from time to time. Did you
> expand the "Memory Range"? If you don't I do not believe that it will
> show you anything beyond the first 25, or in your particular situation
> the first 24.
>
> Just a thought. Tis early yet and still no coffee...

Yes, I can see the individual memories in Chirp, once I get them there
(See problem #1 for why I say "once I get them there").  It is on the
radio that I can't see them.

On the radio, if I mask (show) the memories, they are there.  However,
masking 100+ memories is not going to be fun.  The other problem is that
even after I mask the memories, they revert back to unmasked (hidden) if
I sync again via Chirp.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Brad
AC7BR