[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-7900R driver needed. I think :)

Tom Hayward
Mon Mar 11 16:10:23 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Apple //GS <apple2gs at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I turned the radio on while holding the "MHz/PRI" button.  Then turned the dial to F-7 CLONE
>
> Should I do something else?

You missed a step. Page 66 of your manual:

To clone from one transceiver to a computer, use the following procedure:
1. Insert the Cloning Cable into the DATA jack of the transceiver.
2. Turn transceiver off, then press and hold in the [MHz(PRI)] key
while turning the power on again.
3. Rotate the DIAL knob on each radio to select (F-7 CLONE), then
press and hold in the [BAND(SET)] key. The display will disappear for
a moment, then the “CLONE” notation will appear on the display.
4. In Chirp, select Download From Radio
5. Now, on the “Source” radio, press the [V/M(MW)] key. The “- - TX -
-” indicator will appear on the display, and the cloning data transfer
will immediately begin.
6. If there is a problem during the cloning process, “ERROR” will be
displayed. Check your cable connections, and try again.
7. If cloning was successful, “CLONE” will reappear the radio display.
Chirp will present your memory channels in a spreadsheet format.

Tom KD7LXL