[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-7900R driver needed. I think :)

chirp.cordless at xoxy.net
Mon Mar 11 10:03:41 PDT 2013

The driver has to do with the USB/serial chip in your cable, not so much
with the radio type. I've got two Yaesu radios working with chirp on a Mac,
so I'll try to help there. I don't do Windows. 8-)

But once you find your Mac driver, you can likely get a Windows driver
from the same place.

Plug in the cable and look at
About this Mac -> More Info ... -> System Report ->  USB.
Find your cable in the device tree and select it.
It's probably either Prolific or FTDI. Tell us which, and we can move
forward with identifying what driver you need.
If you can't figure it out from the deice display, copy/paste that.

-dan