[chirp_users] Loading repeater info for Central Florida

Grant Hopper
Fri Mar 8 13:52:10 PST 2013

Amen to that Dan!

I just helped my father start using CHIRP.  He had a lot of trouble on his
older XP system.  Seemed that the driver for talking to his Kenwood
handheld had 'gone wonky'.  After cleaning up the mess of other software
issues on that machine, I was able to reinstall the driver and everything
started working together nicely.  Interestingly, even with the 'wonky'
driver, he was able to use the Kenwood software (which I considered odd) so
he wanted to blame it on CHIRP. I used it as a teachable moment about
drivers and the 'hardware device manager' (it had the cute little yellow
question mark next to the usb device for the HT....) Now he can use CHIRP
to program his HT, his new mobile, and his HF+ home station. He's a happy
ham!

FWIW, I continue to be amazed at the incremental improvements in CHIRP.
I'm using an older build at home (if it's not broke 'don't fix it') but the
latest one that Dad had installed had some nice improvements. Thank you for
continuing to support and improve such a universal and useful tool for hams
everywhere!

73,
Grant Hopper
KB7WSD

The problem is, your system libraries (DLLs) could be out of whack for