[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-7900 R/E question

Tom Hayward
Wed Mar 6 18:15:48 PST 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Apple //GS <apple2gs at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Either way, I never meant to start a flame war.  I love CHIRP.  I just
> wanted to work with the FT-7900.
>
> Dan, thank you very much for your input; and your efforts to make this CHIRP
> program.
> I did try in windows 7 to get CHIRP to see and work with the 7900 by way of
> the 7800.  It came back with an error that it did not see header 0 so
> failed.
> Then I tried it on Mac and it will not see the connected port at all to even
> try to hook up to the 7900.
>
> I think I might be missing a driver in both the Mac and in Windows 7.

Based on that error, I think you may be right that you are missing a
driver. Or maybe you didn't initiate the clone from the radio--this is
required for the Yaesus. Both of these errors will occur regardless of
the programming software you choose to use, the driver is the same.

Tom KD7LXL