[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-7900 R/E question Humanality

ALAN
Wed Mar 6 17:54:02 PST 2013

Please, let this one person not deter us, from Thanking those who made this wonderful blessing of a program possible. I also salute those that will stand up to be counted, and stop the none sense.

 NEXT, Has anyone tried using the program with the Puxing PX-2R ????? Thats my next old radio get working with the program.
THANKS
Alan

________________________________
 From: Bill Gabbard <wcgabbard1 at windstream.net>
To: Discussion of CHIRP <chirp_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Yaesu FT-7900 R/E    question

Ditto on
this,
Bill
----- Original Message -----

  thousands of other hams.

>Because it does not work for you, or does not
  support the radio you want it to, or whatever, you lash out at the
  guy?

>Completely and utterly uncalled for. You owe Dan a public apology.
>
>I personally am glad this was posted for everyone to see. Now we all
  know what a jerk you are.

>Dan, sorry about this uncalled for and
  completely unreasonable post. Please know that 99.999% of the other clear
  thinking hams are very grateful for your time and effort.

>Best Regards
  to Dan,

>Duffy
>

>>Phaeton
>>March 6, 2013 8:04  PM
>>Shove it Dan you f**king prick. Take me off your list.
>>You've been NOTHING but a pain in my ass since I
>>joined and I speak the absolute truth when I say
>>support is NOT LIKEY to cross brands very often
>>because simply put, Chirp is a crapshot at best
>>to use even with the listed radios.
>>

>>You're an absolute f**khead and I hope you have
>>a set of balls to let the message post to see what
>>some people think of your Tyrant and holier than thow
>>attitude.
>>

>>Sent  from my 15.4" MacBook Pro, i7 quad core

>>Dan
Smith
>>March 6, 2013 6:18  PM
>>
>>This is NOT true. I have corrected you on this exact topic
    in the past:

>>http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/chirp_users/2013-February/003137.html
>>
>>Please
    stop it.

>>Mark, the above archive link should answer your
    question.

>>Phaeton
>>March 6, 2013 5:41  PM
>>The 7900 will not show in the list of radios in Chirp unless  Chirp
>>has been modified to use it. Nor is it likely the 7900 will  operate
>>with the 7800 that is supported by Chirp. I've not heard of
radios
>>that work with Chirp while being undocumented to do so. I'm
fairly
>>certain Chirp looks for the radio ID when trying to read from it  and
>>simply won't allow its use for your sake.
>>

>>I use for my FT8900 software from http://hwww.g4hfq.co.uk/ftb7900.htm and will  work
>>flawlessly with your FT7900 R/E. It's called FTB7900. You can test it  out, you
>>just can't write ti the radio unless you pay I think $15.00 US, well  worth it.
>>Hope you have the right cable. USB on one in and Mini 6 pin DIN on  the
>>other like most Yaesu mobiles use.
>>

>>Good luck
>>

>>Sent  from my 15.4" MacBook Pro, i7 quad core

>>Apple  //GS
>>March 6, 2013 5:20  PM
>>This is a fine program, and it works  perfectly with my BAOFENG UV5RA, but for the life of me I can not get CHIRP  to see my Yaesu FT-7900 R/E.
>>I have tried to use BOTH Mac and Windows,
    and while there are many other Yaesu models, the 7900 does not show up on
    the list.  I see from some others here that they have brought it
    up.