[chirp_users] Noobie question

Phaeton
Fri Mar 1 14:49:47 PST 2013

That's odd. The way it's supposed to work is click download
from radio, A dialog box pops up asking your for the port,
the vendor and model of radio. And it doesn't matter if you
have the cable hooked up or not you should be able to chose
the vendor and model. So if the box titled 'Radio' doesn't show up
then there is a problem with the program or it doesn't like
64 bit Windows 7. Somehow I would find that hard to believe
however if you are using the latest stable build and you can't
access the radio dialog you might try the daily build. I don't
know what else to tell you except I've got Chirp working
on an Apple MacBook Pro 64 bit so you would think it would
work on Win 7 64 bit.

Sent from my 15.4" MacBook Pro, i7 quad core