[chirp_users] Noobie question

Josef Zeevi
Fri Mar 1 12:56:10 PST 2013

Hi folks,

               I'm new to chirp, but not to HAM. I've used EVE,
VX<something>Commander, and a few other SW programming tools.

               I've run into an odd problem on VX5Commander with a radio, so
I turned to Chirp to see if I could figure out why it's not working right.

               So, I loaded up Chirp and am trying to read from my VX7 to
put that file into the VX5. However, when I click "Download from Radio"
absolutely nothing happens. I'm "perfuzzled". The USB->serial cables I have
are known to work with appropriate drivers. I'm running Win7 Pro-64 bit.

               Am I missing a step to get the pop-up to come up so I can
download (and, eventually upload) to the radio?

               Y'alls help (yep, I'm in Texas) is greatly appreciated.

               josef