[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-817 programming

Marco IZ3GME
Thu Jun 13 09:20:36 PDT 2013

Hi Bob!

....mmm.... is it possible that the radio previously have been software
widebanded?
In that case the radio after the reset is back to its original
configuration and thus refuse the image which it believe is coming from
a different country ft817.

What I can't explain is the download error "Unable to read block 00
expected 4 got 4" which means that radio have sent a block of correct
length but with wrong sequence number.

I suggest you to do a full reset of radio (HOME+power), start a fresh
chirp and try to download once again.
BTW com speed is always 9600 baud during clone, it doesn't care what you
put in CAT rate.

For the batteries I just suggested on the 817 list this
http://cs-shop.de/NOSRAM-LiPo-Senderakku-fuer-Sanwa-M11-111V-3600mAh :)

73 de IZ3GME Marco