[chirp_users] Thanks to the authors

mikey
Sat Jun 8 15:40:46 PDT 2013

I have created and distributed software both commercially (from a big
company) and personally (and free) from my web site. I know it is a
"labor of love" but that means that is is truly "labor"! Thanks to the
authors of this package for supporting so many radios so well. I know
there are still some issues and there will almost always be such as
features are added/modified. Please be nice to them when you find a bug
or are asking for an enhancement. Thank goodness my users are generally
nice and it is appreciated.

The software, like the radio (UV-5R), is a
little complex and a "techy's delight" but, due to the documentation
being available, did not take too very long to learn both and get them
working happily together.

Now, after the praise, one little gotcha
that affected me. I did not understand about the .img file needing to be
created and was lost for a while, after creating my memories, on how to
upload the data to the radio. The menu item was disabled and I could not
find any "startup" doc to tell me to get the image from the radio,
modify it and upload it back. I think I finally found some wording
similar to that but it was not obvious and when first starting to use a
new radio and new software, being obvious about first steps is a good
thing.

Thanks again,

Mike Morrow

ILikeTheInternet.com (easy to
remember)

Vallejo, CA

--

 - Mikey uses Synology NAS for web
hosting and email sending and receiving. Learn more at Synology.com.