[chirp_users] Baofeng UV-5re Plus

Jim Unroe
Sat Jul 27 04:37:57 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 2:29 AM, M Schontz <k8fu at aol.com> wrote:

> I have downloaded CHIRP in an attempt to program my 5re +. Can someone
> tell me how to accomplish this ?? Are there any instructions for
> programming in the download. Many thanks .....
>
> Froggy..........K8FU
>
>  M Schontz
> k8fu at aol.com

Yes. Go to the CHIRP website and select the Wiki tab. At the top of the
page where it says "To get started:", click on the 'documentation' link of
step 2.

On the Documentation page, start by taking a look at the Beginners_Guide
(the UV-5R and variants use 'clone' mode) and then take a look at
MemoryEditorColumns.

You can also get some help from the Miklor.com CHIRP pages

http://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php

Most of the time when CHIRP won't work with a UV-5R radio, CHIRP isn't the
problem. It is usually an issue with the programming cable and/or a Windows
driver issue. The Miklor.com/uv5r/ pages can help you with these kinds of
issues.

For help with UV-5R specific issues, join the Yahoo! baofeng_uv5r group.

Good luck,