[chirp_users] Baofeng BF-777 (480/666/777/888 Series) For Development

Tom Morris
Mon Jul 8 20:27:09 PDT 2013

Hello everyone. I have a Baofeng 777 single band UHF that I'd like to loan
to a developer so Chirp support can be added.

Who can I send this along to for CHIRP development? I have the radio,
antenna, and charger. The mic on the radio is slightly damaged and distorts
TX audio because I kinda bashed it while repairing a loose battery contact
inside the unit, but you get clean audio if you plug in a headset (useful
for determining if you're properly sending wide or narrowband FM, I guess).

Same data cable is used on these that is used on other Baofeng and probably
Kenwood HTs.

FYI, these are now available shipped with a headset and charger for $17.80
EACH if you order them in a batch of 5 on Amazon. Now I'm really excited to
contribute to CHIRP development on them.... that's pretty amazing. :)

Tom Morris, KG4CYX
Mad Scientist For Hire
Chairman, South Florida Tropical Hamboree / Miami Hamfest
Engineer, WRGP Radiate FM, Florida International University
786-228-7087
151.820 Megacycles