[chirp_users] programming a kenwood thf6a

Jim Unroe
Wed Jul 3 18:33:28 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM, LeonardKeepers
<Leonard.Keepers at comcast.net>wrote:

> hello group i had a ham friend come over to my house today to try and
> program  my thf6a hand held. he used his laptop computer with wndows 7.
> when he tried to read from the radio the following appeared ( the
> kenwood thf6 operates in live mode.this means that any changes made are
> immediately sent to the radio.because of this you cannot peform the save
> or uplaod operations. if you want to edit the contents off line please
> export to a csv file using the file menu). my friend and i could not
> figure out what this means. i could not get this to appear on my windows
> xp machine using chirp.i am still uisng the wouxum usb programming
> cable. would anyone know what this is saying about the thf6 radio. thank
> you
> Leonard

Hi Leonard,

I also have a TH-F6a. Live Mode is explained better in the Beginners Guide

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Beginners_Guide

If that doesn't help you, feel to email me direct.