[chirp_users] CHIRP and Yaesu VX-7R

Tom Hayward
Thu Jan 31 12:17:55 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM, KE5EOT <ke5eot at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like the fact that the other settings aren't changed, just the frequency
> list and things that are related to it. I've gone to club meetings and
> programmed new radios (and old ones that the owner never had time to set up)
> for other members. Many of the settings are personal, and changing them
> means that the owner has to go in and reset all the settings that are
> specific to the user such as mic sensitivity, display settings, auto time
> off, and many others. It all depends on the radio.

Settings (as well as everything else) are contained in the img file.
To preserve your settings, make sure you don't upload an img file from
someone else's radio into your radio. Just so everyone is clear, it
sounds like what you've done is *imported* your img to these other
radios. This is critical if you intend to preserve settings, because
during an import/export, only memory channels are transferred.

Tom KD7LXL