[chirp_users] CHIRP and the Boafeng UV-5RA

Bret Hedrington
Tue Jan 29 20:36:00 PST 2013

To all.

There is some difference even between BFB927 radios.Some minor changes at the factory.

I sent the bug 463 and 465.

Jim was working on this.I know the latest build seems to have solved the issues with all the ones I have here.(8 units)

I'd suggest:

#1 do a menu 40 reset all.

#2 uninstall chirp

#3 get the latest daily build.

#4 download from the problem radio.The image from one BFB297 to Another BFB297 can be two different images and not compatible because of the change in firmware on the radio.Even though they are all BFB297 there seems to be two versions of BFB297..

#5 Upload the image to test compatibility.

#6 you can try to upload to other radios with the two versions but may only get the memories not the extra goodies.

#7 let me know if there is anything else.

I've been doing some digging as well.There is a definite difference between some BFB297's to other BFB297's.Knowing the Chinese they fixed or added something and never bothered to give it a new revision.this happens!

Leo, If you need some help let me know.E-mail me at my local address bret.hedrington at brethedrington.com

I've got all my radios working perfect.

Now I keep all my radios numbered via the ANI code.So I keep and image per radio on the networks.makes it easier.

Bret Hedrington