[chirp_users] Anytone AT-5888UV

Tom Hayward
Sat Jan 26 14:46:54 PST 2013

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Phaeton <phaeton at neo.rr.com> wrote:
> So yes if the importer says I can loan the radio
> and I get something legal in writing saying it
> will be returned upon request I can help in this way.

The written agreement is here:
http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Rules_For_Loaning_A_Radio

In the past, importers have donated radios for Chirp development. This
is very generous and by no means a requirement. If you want the radio
back, you'll get it back, usually within a week or two.

> Let me know what you think. Also, I don't know your
> position in the development team. Are you just a user
> or do you actually develop builds that include new
> radios? Is there another maybe higher up in the hierarchy
> of developers I should be in contact with? You can email
> me off list with detailed information if you have it.

I maintain most of the Kenwood drivers and some of the Yaesu drivers.
I've written a few new drivers, but my schedule is pretty solid the
next few months so I don't think I'll have time for this one.

Tom KD7LXL