[chirp_users] KG-UV6D

IZ3GME Marco
Thu Jan 24 08:49:24 PST 2013

Hi
I recently updated the support for KG UV6D so first of all I strongly
suggest you to use a recent daily version of chirp.

Now ... you don't have to put an img from a different radio but you can
copy memories from img of any other radio supported by chirp to your one.

In simple steps:
- connect your KG UV6D
- from menu Radio select Download from radio, choose port, vendor and
model and press OK
- from menu file select Save as to make a copy of the actual status of
your radio (to be used to restore your radio if you want)
- from menu file select Import and then choose the memory image you want
(eg the img from the kenwood a friend sent you ;) )
- select which memories you want to actually import (may be all) and
press ok
- check all memories to be where you expect them to be
- from menu Radio select Upload to radio
DONE!

In the setting tab at the left you can also find and change the freq
ranges of your radio but remember "This has been tested and reports from
other users indicate that it is a safe thing to do. However
modifications to this value may have unintended consequences, including
damage to your device. You have been warned. Proceed at your own risk!"
Obviously you have to upload to radio only at the end of all mods ;)

Should you ever want to restore the radio you can open the img file
saved above and simply upload it to the radio.

For the UK repeater list I hope any UK ham will give a file to import

73 de IZ3GME Marco