[chirp_users] KG-UV6D

Joe
Thu Jan 24 08:20:18 PST 2013

On 1/24/2013 10:39 AM, Elaine & Ross Carr wrote:
> There is a programme that is Wouxun KG-UV6D specific and works extremely
> well.
> I use it with CHIRP as well, by reading the frequencies from my KG-UVD6 into
> a CHIRP file after customizing through this other programme.
> Take a look at www.kc8unj.com
>
> VE3GLY

I just downloaded it and tried it on my KG-UV6D Ver 2.  It does not act
properly after clearing a memory channel using the CLEAR feature.  When
I went to the CONFIGURATION SETTINGS tab I could not go back to MAIN
MEMORIES tab.

I'm going to wait this Beta version out for awhile before using it again.

Also, it has an import feature that allows you to import files from the
KG-UVD1P to be loaded into the KG-UVD6D.  I would be real careful with
this until it is proven to work OK.  I was warned by the dealer that I
bought my 6D from not to try and load the 1P file into the 6D, as it
will "brick" the radio and they haven't figured out a way to get it
back.  I'll give it some time before I try this import feature.

73, Joe, K1ike