[chirp_users] 817 error while downloading

Fred Erickson
Sun Jan 13 11:50:40 PST 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-12 at 16:06 -0700, keith butler wrote:
> while downloading from my yeasu 817 there is an error while
> downloading. memorie 199 is labeled as error and most of the memoroies
> are blank. now i cant even get it to conect at all. radio works fine
>
> also if you cancel the download before disconecting the cable, you get
> a blue screen of death and the computer restarts
>
> Keith butler ve6 kwb
> 73 AMC Jeep Commando Wagon
> 58 Willy Jeep FC 170 3/4 Cabover Pickup
> 06 grand cherokee
> Wife
> 2 dogs
> 2 cats

Hello Keith,
Since nobody has answered yet, thought I'd suggest that your problem may
be a computer or connection problem. Are you sure that the memory on
your Windows computer is ok - have you tried a different usb port or
cable - I've noticed that ports on the rear of some computers are
sometimes more reliable than ones on the front. Have you downloaded the
Chirp live cd and tried booting and downloading with that. Have you
tried re-setting your radio memory to factory defaults?

HTH,
OT, looked at your QRZ page, hoped to see a picture of that Willys...I
was a kid in the 50's and loved those Willys, Crosley, and Nash
Metropolitans.
Fred, KL7FE