[chirp_users] Still having trouble exporting channels from D72

Sander Pool
Tue Jan 1 12:34:44 PST 2013

Hi,

back in June I reported issues exporting memories from my D72. I never
got it to work correctly so shelved CHIRP for later. Well, later is now.
I got an F6A and would like to put the same channel list on it as my D72
has. Kenwood in their wisdom writes different control software for each
radio so I was hoping CHIRP can help. I downloaded the latest released
verion (CHIRP 0.2.3). It downloaded the memories from my D72 pretty
quickly. Since I can't shove these downloaded memories straight into the
F6A (upload to radio is greyed out) I figured I need to export and then
import first. Problem is that export never finishes. It just sits there,
no file is getting generated. This is with both the radio connected and
not connected. It shows the 'preparing memory list' dialog, the progress
bar moves and then stalls about 3/4 of the way there. I can exit the
dialog but no file is generated. I've let CHIRP sit there for about 5
minutes which I think should be enough to re-load all the memories from
the radio. Disconnecting the radio before export makes no difference.

Can I please just export the contents of what is shown in the GUI?

Thanks,

     Sander W1SOP