[chirp_users] Prolific update and amateur pirates

Bill Gabbard
Tue Feb 26 18:48:38 PST 2013

Dean,
No problems with mine thus far. I've same thought on Windows 8 as well.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John W.
  To: Discussion of CHIRP
  Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:12 PM
  Subject: Re: [chirp_users] Prolific update and amateur pirates

  Well, in most cases, no one knows they have a counterfeit until they get the cable and it does not work properly.  I have not ever heard a retailer saying "We sell fake chips".

  Fortunately, I will not be upgrading to Win8.  It brings nothing new, insofar as functionality.  It does however, take away the start menu and introduces a stupid new interface that only is effective for touch screens.