[chirp_users] Prolific update and amateur pirates

Ken G
Tue Feb 26 18:24:40 PST 2013

My cable was included with my UV5R so I have no idea whether its genuine or
not. It works, which doesn't necessarily mean that its genuine, but I'm
happy to buy a genuine chipped cable if I know where to buy one. The
Prolific website link in Dean's post referred us to two recommended sellers,
but neither of those had cables for the UV5R (that I could see). Does anyone
know of a source for a genuine chipped cable?

Ken G
VK4FKWG