[chirp_users] Prolific update and amateur pirates

John W.
Tue Feb 26 18:12:30 PST 2013

Well, in most cases, no one knows they have a counterfeit until they get the
cable and it does not work properly.  I have not ever heard a retailer saying
"We sell fake chips".

Fortunately, I will not be upgrading to Win8.  It brings nothing new, insofar as
functionality.  It does however, take away the start menu and introduces a
stupid new interface that only is effective for touch screens.

So, for those of you who knowingly bought counterfeit cables and       continue
to use them:  Thanks, guys.